Monday, September 18, 2006

Life...

I apoligize for not updating in such a long time. I think that life is beginning to settle down a little, or maybe it just seems that way now that we are finally back in full swing again from the summer. It is hard to believe that I have been in school for 6 weeks already. I will have to say that this year, I have the sweetest class that I have ever had. All of my students are so sweet and actually listen and respond when they are asked to do something (at least most of the time). I am so blessed to have this precious group of kids and to not come home feeling completely drained and burnt out everyday.
Nick is busy coaching the Redeemer Downtown Falcons two nights a week and then games on Saturdays. It has been a challenge relating to these children from very different backgrounds and teaching them responsibility, determination and team work but has been very rewarding and a blessing. He is building relationships with these young men that he is looking forward to them carrying over after the season is finished.
Every Thursday night we are hosting a womens Bible study at our house. The first week we had 23 women attend which if you have been to our house you might realize that was a tight squeeze. Ever since that first night we have only had around 19 so that seems to be a little bit of a better fit but we are still pretty cozy. I am learning to make coffee by trial and error. The first week was a little embarrassing because it was so strong that their were coffee grinds in the coffee. Hopefully by the end of the year, it will have improved greatly:)
Well, that is it for now but I will try to not let it be so long before I update again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey my sweet kids! I am so excited about the coffee thing! Look forward to our next visit!!!

Kelly said...

Im glad that your kids arent wearing you out every day!

I can not tell you how much I appreciated that visit from you! Seriously! That was so kind and thoughtful braving the germ kingdom to bring me dinner and tylanol pm without which I can assure you I would not be as well as I am now! THanks again, you are such a sweet heart!! And thanks Nick for your visit to! that totaly made my day! Love you both sooooooooooo much!