After a short sabbatical from blogging (it was taken completely unintentionally) I am back with lots to catch up on.
I'll begin with a night out...
I think it's safe to say that almost anytime parents get a babysitter to go out with dear friends the parents have a better time then the kids. However, last Friday it would have been too close of a call to decide. These five, crazy, fun, beautiful, hilarious, wonderful girls gave up their Friday night to babysit Will, Molly Jane and Lelia and John. These girls are in our community group and wanted to love on us by keeping our kids so we could go out and not worry about a thing. And that we did. More on that in a minute. I am not sure exactly what they did, but I know they ate rocket pizzas, did many performances (see below), learned about monocles and much more. We came home to 4 sleeping babies all tucked away in their beds.
So, while they were having such a fun time at home we were having just as much fun with our dear friends Nan and Matt. We went out for some Italian and good conversations over dinner (interruption free!).

I am pretty sure the four of us could cut up for endless hours together. In case you were wondering, Nan and I did NOT plan to match. I promise.
After dinner we headed to Highwire for a 30th birthday party for Matt. The surprise part of the party did not work out but it was fun regardless to visit with many friends. It was nice not to have to worry abut looking at the clock and calculating how much of your life savings you were going to have to pay to the babysitter.
1) faithful and encouraging friends to have a good time with

2 comments:
How fun. Cute dress, CJ!
You and Nan look too cute in your matching outfits! What a treat to get out with friends and not have to worry about paying a babysitter.
Post a Comment