Thursday, May 01, 2008

Here we are...

...today is May 1st and no sign of baby Will! We are two days past the due date and I still have not had any major contractions or changes. I went to the doctor on Monday and I was 1 cm which I have been for a month. We decided to give it 1 more week to see if anything happens and if not then we will definitely induce next Monday night. It is nice that I have a goal that I can look forward to if nothing happens before that---which I sure hope it does:)
It is amazing how much better I feel this week! My swelling has completely gone down in my feet and legs. I forgot what it looks like to have ankles again. I guess it is from not being on them all day at work and I have been getting extra rest. I am very thankful for this time I have had to finish up things around the house and rest. I hope that I will be alot more prepared for labor now that I am not going straight from work to labor to bringing the baby home. The Lords timing is perfect and He knows what is best! Yesterday, I washed the sheets in the crib and craddle again becuase they have been on there for 2 months and I was afraid they were dusty. That is what I get for being too much on top of things:)
Thanks for all your sweet prayers, emails and phone calls. Yesterday morning before 11:30 I had received 9 phone calls checking on me to see if I was in labor. It is so encouraging and really means alot! I am doing my best to call everyone back so they don't think the reason I am not calling htem back is because I am having the baby:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update! I hate to bother you both, but it's as though we're lined up on the "starting line" waiting for the gun to go off!!!! Any specific time Monday that they will induce? I'm planning to take off, but i may just take 1/2 day off depending on when you go in?? Just touch base when you get a free minute! Love you "grammy"

Ben, Katie, and Campbell said...

hang in there tina! we're praying for y'all... i know you are ready! don't worry about calling me back -i was just checking on you. who knows - maybe you will have some big news today!
love y'all!
the comptons

hayden said...

Maybe he'll come soon!!! Make sure you get someone to blog that he's here!!! We all want to know :)

The Rouse Family said...

We love you! He will come soon. Just keep on doing what your doing. We are praying for you. Love you

The Muncies said...

Can't wait to hear! I was 5 days late. I went into labor several hours before I was supposed to go in to be induced! Hang in there!

The Boys and Me said...

Any baby yet? If not then yay, baby will come tomorrow night! Welcome Baby Will!!!! We are praying for you.

Love the three of you!
Jaymi

hayden said...

Today's the day...let us know how it goes!!!

Grundl said...

hey christina! hang in there. i will be praying for you and your delivery. baby boys are so much fun. i can't wait to hear about sweet baby will!

love,
hannah g. martin

Courtney said...

Hang in there! We will be praying for you guys!