Monday, March 22, 2010

Way too fast....


This little guy is growing up way, way, way too fast! He is a few months shy of two years old and growing up by the minute! It is hard to believe that he is completely a toddler now and no longer a baby!

He is saying new words every single day and talks in sentences most of the time! I love being able to communicate with him with more than just smiling, laughing and crying. It seems that around 20 months he just took off in the verbal area and I think it is so much fun to hear what he is thinking and what he is learning. The only thing I wish I could erase from his vocabulary is the words "MINE" and "MY." Ughh....!!! I know greed and selfishness is in all of our hearts it's just amazing to watch kids interact because they can't hide their sins at all. Sharing is something we are working really hard on these days.


(playing with mommy's sunglasses at the UGA baseball game!)

We are by no means potty trained but last week he started asking to go "pee pee in the potty." It took me by surprise but I did not want to miss out on the opportunity so we have been going a couple of times a day in the "potty like daddy and mommy."
I would love any advice you moms have about potty training. He is 22 months old and the baby is coming in less than a month so I want to encourage his desire to go but I don't know if this is the best time to make such a huge transition and I'm not fully convinced he is 100% ready. Let me know your thoughts.

This little guys is such a joy and we are having so much fun watching him develop and learn to obey, love, play and interact (and I can't forget about learning to be gentle)! He is 110% ALL boy and sometimes it is hard to know when to be gentle and when it is OK to be rough! But by the grace of God we are learning a little bit every day!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Will IS growing up so fast. The other day I said something about Baby Will and Porter corrected me and told me he is Big Will now:)

Tiffany said...

Love this post! He is such a big boy. Will's definitely going to thank you one day for that last picture. ha

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

He's so cute! On the potty training, I would wait until after the baby to really go for it, but if he asks to use the potty then definitely let him keep trying it out!