Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Getaway

I mentioned at the end of my last post that I received a surprise email Monday afternoon from the hubs requesting that I have my bags packed by 6:45 for a night getaway!!! He had arranged (all by himself!) for his sister to come and babysit the kids so we could have a night away for just the two of us to stay at a new swanky hotel in downtown!!! One of the many, many reasons I love this man is that he is so spontaneous and is always up for a fun adventure and even though work is busy and stressful work he still pursues me!
Oh, what fun we had just being foot lose and fancy free for the night. Here we are being cheeseballs in the hotel bathroom:) To me it felt like we had traveled somewhere out of town, even if we were only 4 minutes from home. Just to be able to relax and spend quality time together was a total treat!
But on the down side, I started feeling feverish and yucky during the night and woke up the next morning with the flu:( Yep, my fear of Will's germs spreading had come true. I am ever so thankful for Kelly and my Mom who helped me this week while I was out of commission and very thankful for a husband who loves me extremely well!

2 comments:

whitney said...

That is so sweet! Glad yall had a great time. Sorry about the flu!

Mary said...

How fun... except for the flu part of course.