This week was started out with some high highs and ended with with some low lows. Last weekend we went to 3 cookouts with friends, a Low Country Boil at church and a shopping trip to Atlanta with my mom. It was a packed fun Memorial Day weekend!
Ribs, slipping slides, homemade ice cream, grilled burgers, swimming and strawberry pies were all apart of the festivities.
Wednesday we had a fun visit to see Grammy and Pops. Grammy is doing very well and recovery like a champ. We even saw two Supermen while we were there. They were very busy putting out fires together.
We enjoyed our day with them but after our visit things turned south.
We enjoyed our day with them but after our visit things turned south.I came home with a migraine Wednesday night and then was awakened to a throwing up 3 year old around 4:30 am only to find myself starting to throw up around 7:00 am. Thursday was a yucky, no good, terrible bad day. My husband was an absolute saint. He stayed home from work for the first half of the day to care of MJ, wash loads and loads of sheets and blankets, clean out our "garbage cans," disinfect the house and many more unpleasant jobs that come along with the nasty stomach virus.
I went to bed a little achy and feverish on Thursday night hoping to wake up Friday morning to a new day. That was not the case. I woke up with a secondary infection since my immune system was down. I had a fever, achy and exhausted with flu-like symptoms. My day consisted of me laying on the couch while the kids watched cartoons, ate Cheetos and practically destroyed the house due to a lack of adult supervision. I could not do much more then the basic necessities of life. Today I am feeling a little better but still just trying to rest and shake all of this.
Here a few cute/funny things Will said the day we had the stomach virus together.
Call the doctor so she can make us feel better.
How do we get this bug out of our tummy?
Will: I want some water.
M: You can't have any yet because you might throw it up.
Will: But water alllllways make me feel better.
Me: I am glad we can at least be sick together.
Will: I wish neither of us were sick mom.
I'm hoping that tomorrow will bring much more energy and a more "normal" day!
3 comments:
The stomach virus stinks!! I hope you feel better soon! That picture of you and MJ is adorable!
Oh no! Yes, we know all too well about that bug! Feel better.
I hope you are feeling better friend! I assume you are if you're blogging. Wish I could have helped you out in some way.
Post a Comment