Sunday, April 07, 2013

A little bit more of Easter

Here are a couple of other fun Easter-y things we did this past month.




 
 Nick dyed Easter Eggs with the kids on one of his rare and short study breaks before his test. I ran to the store as fast as I could to take advantage of the brief time I did not have all three kids in tow:)  The kids were glad to have some daddy time as well.  
 
 They made an orange and blue one just for me. 

 On Good Friday, the kids and I enjoyed making Resurrection Buns (thanks to the instructions on Holly's blog) and reading the scripture about Jesus' body being placed in the tomb.  A fun tradition I hope to do every year.





 

The day before Easter we went to our church's Easter Egg Hunt and enjoyed spending time with friends. 












Easter morning the kids were pleasantly surprised to find a few special things in their Easter basket.


 Will got an orange shirt to go with his gray athletic pants that he wears every. single. day. of. his. life.  Seriously, he has worn the orange shirt and gray pants 7 days in a row now.  I have been counting. I have to wash them at night after he goes to bed and he asks for them as soon as he wakes up.  He would wear it every day of his life if he could.  That boy is a trip.  We call it his "uniform".


We baked the Resurrection buns on Easter morning and they were actually very delicious!  I need to find a reason to bake them more than just once a year.  

 The kids were excited to see that they were empty just like they thought.  It was a neat reminder to them that Christ is Alive and has conquered death for us.  
  

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love that picture of Will "reading".