Saturday, October 04, 2014

Downhill

If you are just joining in on Henry's journey here is how it all began….


Jan 1 11:35 am


Hope y'all had a wonderful New Years! We sure did miss getting to celebrate with everyone.  It was just not quite the same up herešŸ˜‰. We had another eventful night with fevers and vomit which of course were very concerning. He did come back with a positive test for c diff which is a bacteria in the intestines.  That could be what is causing a lot of his symptoms.  They started him on a strong antibiotic last night along with his nutrients. Hoping this will get us going in the right direction soon.  A little sleep and a chance to leave the hospital has done wonders for me.  Please keep praying and I'm really hoping that very soon I'll have good news for y'all.

         
Enjoying a delicious home cooked meal our friends Amy and Scott brought us on New Year's Day.
I remember it being such a sad and lonely day.

 Jan 2 11:28
So he is still vomiting which is discouraging but they say that he has so much gas and air combined with all the stomach juices that it just has to come out.  They just decided to put a NG tube in his nose that will go down to his stomach and suck all that out.  We hope this will help him to feel better and let his stomach recover with out all that in it.  It feels like another step backwards but we had a good talk last night with the head surgeon and she said she thinks we should start to see some changes for the better today.  We have seen him start to wake up and be more alert which is encouraging at least.  Praying we get over the hump today.

On a sweet note he did coo at me this morning which was a sweet little blessing.  Still no smile but hoping that will come soon.




We took him out for a little stroll last night.  He seemed to be very entertained by the fish tank.

Y'all please pray.  I'm getting very weary again.  They are about to take him to do a test with dye to see why things aren't going down. This will show us what the next step is. I'm clinging to the promises that God loves little Henry more than I do and will take care of him.  It's just so hard to watch.
          
 Thanks for all your prayers for me, my mommy and daddy and all the doctors. We can feel them and are grateful for them.  I'm ready to feel better. Love, Henry

Jan 2 7:11

Hey it's Elizabeth using Lauren's phone. He had the dye test around 1:00 today and has several X-rays to see how the dye goes thru his system.  The good news is he hasn't thrown up the nasty barium that he had to drink for the test. I'm here with him while the Pattersons take Nick and Christina out for dinner.  Pray it will be a good break for them and an encouragement to get out for a bit.
And of course for sweet Henry. He is so pitiful.

Jan 3 7:11
At 6am a team of surgeons came in our room and told us to pack up.  Not to go home but to go to the ICU.  Possible pneumonia or his lungs collapsing.  Still waiting on one more X-ray to be done but they think there is another block which would mean going back into the OR.
For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you." Isaiah 41:13

No comments: