The days that followed Henry's hospital stay were slow and long but we were so happy to start to have Henry "back" as the kids would say. Henry was very weak, didn't want eat anything besides milkshake and goldfish, and cried a lot. Nick got the flu which naturally caused a lot of anxiety. But on the other hand we were lavished in gifts, cards, food, money and so many thoughtful friends and family. It was truly overwhelming. I've never experienced anything like it. We felt unbeleivably loved.
But just to see this boy sit up and smile was worth every bit of exhaustion.
After Nick recovered from the flu we were able to have a night out in Atlanta to celebrate another wonderful year of my hard working husband. It was beyond wonderful to escape the craziness of life and be together.
I also soaked up as much time as possible with these two kids who I had missed so much while I was away.
During one of our follow up trips to see the surgeons we splurged with a trip to IKEA:)
And then we had our first visit from the tooth fairy which was pretty exciting for this 5 year old boy.





No comments:
Post a Comment