Friday, May 14, 2010

One month!!

I can't believe it has already been one month since this sweet baby girl joined our family! Time is flying with a toddler and a newborn. Having Molly Jane in our family has just seemed so natural and has been such a fun addition to our family!
My sister Mary took these pictures last week of Molly Jane with her nice camera (or maybe I shsould call it my dream camera!)...













She is still nursing like a champ and has gained an ounce per day since we left the hospital. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she weighed 8 lbs 5 ounces. She has been sleeping a 6-7 hour stretch at night for the past 5 nights so I hope she keeps that up! She gets hiccups all the time!!! It is hysterical to hear such a little girl have such loud hiccups. She also makes lots of grunts when she is hungry-I have never heard so much grunting in my life.

Her brother is constantly entertaining (and harassing!) her. He still loves to "Hold her Molly Jane" all the time. When she has been napping for a while he begs to go in her room and get her. Thankfully she is still a hard sleeper because this is not a quiet house anymore. He loves to read her books, show her bugs he has found and give her his toys to play with. I walked in the living room the other day and he was pushing her in her swing as hard as he possibly could saying "GO, MOLLY JANE, GO!!" The swing was going so fast and so high and poor Molly Jane was on the ride of her life! It was hysterical watching big brother be so proud of her for being a brave little girl! I can't wait to watch the relationship between the two of them grow more and more.

In Molly Jane's first month of life she has been to 4 birthday parties, 2 baby showers, 2 softball games, a bike race, the park 7 times, church, community group, a field day, a going away party and many playdates with her brother....I think it is safe to say she has been a busy little bee this month!

3 comments:

Sarah Barry said...

Christina, she is adorable. And it sounds like Will is enjoying every minute of being a big brother. So glad to hear y'all are doing well!

The Boys and Me said...

Such a sweet big brother story. They will be great friends.

Denise said...

doesn't time go by so much faster with the second one...it's crazy. will is a sweet big brother.