Sunday, May 30, 2010

Trip to the "Big Water"

Last Friday afternoon I got a phone call from my friend Heather with a last minute invitation to go to the beach for the weekend. I called Nick at work and we decided to be spontaneous so within a few hours I had all four of us packed up and as soon as Nick got home from work we were in the car headed for Sea Island. Having the new DVD player for Will was very nice and kept him entertained until his bedtime. This was our first road trip with MJ so I was not sure what to expect. We stopped twice to feed her so we arrived by about 2 in the morning. We were exhausted but glad to have an unexpected 3 days together at the beach with great friends.

Will loved the ocean this year! He called it the "big water" and would just run around and scream on the surf.

He did not care as much about being in the pool so here he is modeling his speedo aka swimmie diaper and Jackson's bike helmet:))


Caroline was so nurturing and loved to hold Molly Jane.


Nick, Will and George were pooped out after playing at the beach.

Our little bathing beauty was a champ all weekend and proved to be a great little traveler!


Heather and Jackson relaxing in the sun.


Will did a lot of chillin' in the turtle float.


He was also very serious about being our DJ by the pool.

Jackson is such a little cutie.


Will and Nick took a two hour bike ride one morning so that Molly Jane and I could sleep in. I was very grateful to catch up on some much needed sleep. At one point during the ride Will laid his head down and took a nap. I guess the whole family was more tired then we knew.
The four of us took another bike ride down to the Cloister. Molly Jane was in the Baby Bjorn with me on one bike and and Will was in toe with Nick.

Now can you imagine how beautiful and relaxing this place is?
Even Molly Jane enjoyed herself while lounging on a beach chair by the "big water!" Don't worry she was always under an umbrella.
Look at big brother coming to check on his litter sister:)

One nights Heather's mom came to babysit the four older kids so that the adults could go out for seafood and time to sit on the veranda at the Cloister and enjoy the breeze and visit. We are so grateful for a much needed mini vacation! If Molly Jane could talk I am sure she would tell us how much fun she had on her first road trip to the beach!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time. MJ's little swimsuit is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Glad you all got to go on a mini-vacation. Also, thankful for such generous friends who include you in these trips! What a blessing!

Whitney said...

I am SO impressed with your spontaneity! Especially with little Molly Jane. Glad it was a fun trip!

heather ryan morse said...

we made the brannen bunch blog :)!! yay!!!