Sunday, October 02, 2011

In with the new


Labor day we moved out, cleaned out and were pooped out (see post below).  We crashed at our friends house with the U Haul packed in their driveway.  

Tuesday we woke up and hit the ground running....
6:00-rise and shine (I remembered to pack everything in our cars except for clean underwear for me and Nick and Nick's toiletries.  Just a few minor details, right?!)
7:45-dropped MJ off at MMO and called friend to keep Will for the day.  He was in tears and did not want to go to school so a friend graciously kept him for the day.  
8:30-12:30-First day to tutor for the year (I was running late as usual and ran in the door as many of the parents were dropping off their kids.  I tried to act calm and collective even though I was completely scattered and out of sorts. 
12:45-1:30-Walk through at new house with realtor.  We met the realtor and was pleasantly surprised at how clean the house was. 
1:30-4:30-Closing took 3 hours!!
4:30-Walked from closing to 5 Guys Burgers for a late lunch.  We were starving!
5:00-9:00-Unloaded the U Haul moved in the new house.
9:00-Set up our beds and the pack-n-play and found sheets.  Mission accomplished for the day!  My goal was to find a bed for the four of us and my mom who came up to help out.  We all slept like rocks in our first night in our home.  

Wednesday-
Unpacked kitchen and bedrooms

Thursday-After Will went to MMO the kids and I left to go to Auburn for some family events.

Friday-Went to dad's building dedication in Auburn

Saturday-Me, Will and my dad went to Auburn football game and then drove to Birmingham to celebrate Sara's birthday at Chuey's.

Sunday-Hannah's 2nd birthday party and Becca's baptism and then drove back home and arrived around 11:00pm

After a crazy week we woke up Monday morning and were happy to be in our new home and have a chance to get settled.  It seems like when it rains it pours and that week was no exception.

2 comments:

Mary said...

What a week! Can't wait to see the new house.

abby @ {eatrunteach} said...

WOW! Sounds like you need a vacation. :)

Moving with little people underfoot is definitely not relaxing. I learned that with our last move! Miss you guys.