Sunday, January 08, 2012

The Night Before Christmas....

Twas the Night Before Christmas and all through the house, 
all the Brannens were stirring, 
Mr. Nick and his spouse.  
 We had a house full of Brannen's this year to celebrate Christmas. 
Christmas Eve Pops read the kids their bedtime story,
 while Nick and I were busy at work. 
 I've decided that Christmas is more fun as a parent setting everything up and then watching the excitement on their faces.  I was giddy getting it all ready and could hardly sleep the night before.  I know it's silly, but it's true. 


The sleepy heads woke up around 7:30 and ran to wake us up and then made sure Grammy, Pops and Kelly were up too.    

Will was pumped about his LEGOS!!!!!!

Check out this adorable tutu Aunt Kelly made for MJ!!

Spiderman bike and helmet for brother. 
 
He is not the only one that wanted to ride it and wear the "hat."
 Gifts from Grammy and Pops!  Molly Jane doesn't look excited about it, does she??!


 
 Dr. Will and Dr. Molly Jane will be right with you.

 A little bitty baby for a little bitty girl.  The baby doll in her stocking was $1 from Wal-Mart and it was one of her favorite gifts.  Go figure. 
 She was a busy little girl cooking away for us.  
 And a very happy little cook!
 Her first little make-up kit so she can be just like mommy. 

 As soon as the gift opening was done Will had to try out the new bike.  He rode it all the way down the street to our friends house so he could show Gardner and John Huss his new wheels.  
 First crash!
 I was a blessed mama this year with some thoughtful and practical gifts.  
 A printer from Nick and a bread machine from Grammy and Pops!
I had to try it out right away.  That afternoon Grammy and I made a loaf of cheese bread, a loaf of french bread and two pizza doughs.  It was a hit by all of us!
 Our Christmas dinner was our first meal to eat in our formal dinning room which was special.  
 Grilled pork tenderloin, Kelly's famous sweet potatoes, green beans and homemade french bread was on the menu. 
 Our day was complete with some Christmas caroling by sweet friends and neighbors.  
Merry Christmas to all and to all good night!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I agree, being a parent at Christmas time rocks!!! What a fun Christmas. Thanks for sharing.