Sunday, April 01, 2012

Please pray

I have so much to blog about....trips to the zoo, Easter egg hunts, 1st hair cuts, sweet moments with my kids.  But  my heart is aching and my tears have been flowing all morning thinking of our sweet friends from church.  All that seems so insignificant compared to the pain they are suffering.  I ask you to please join in praying for the Needham's. You can read her blog at www.needhamcrew.blogspot.com.


Their little girl was diagnosed when she was 10 weeks old with Leukemia and she is now 2.5 and has relapsed 3 times despite many rounds of chemo and a bone marrow transplant. Children's hospital in Atlanta sent her home a few months ago saying their was nothing else they could do for her.  She then went to St. Jude's in Memphis and has coded twice in the past week and a half. She is on life support and within the past 24 hours her leukemia count has come back with a vengeance to 90%.  Please pray for this precious family and our church as we plead for mercy, peace and comfort.   Her blog is such a testimony of God's sufficient grace in such a dark and difficult time.  It is a beautiful reminder that when/if the Lord takes her home it will be the first time she will be well and without pain.  What a beautiful reminder of what heaven will be like. In Christ alone our hope is found.  Thanks for praying. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I was driving in to work this morning, the first song I heard was Third Day's "Call on Jesus"; In the lyrics, the words are: "the love I have for you is so alive; you just call on me and I'll be there"! We're calling on you Lord for your divine intervention in Piper's life! Touch her in a mighty way with your love & healing! Grammy

Joy Ward said...

Christina, I have read this family's blog a few times, and my heart breaks for them. I am praying today.

The Boys and Me said...

We are praying!!!!!!!

Mary said...

CJ, I can see why your heart has been so heavy. Preciou Piper and her family will be in our prayer.