This is my 3rd attempt to finish this post this week...Let's see if this tired momma can finish it without someone needing me or without falling asleep:)
*************
Yesterday Henry was two weeks old.
*************
Yesterday Henry was two weeks old.
Three things are highlighted in my mind about life since his birth.
I am THANKFUL for:
1) Wonderful grandparents who kept Will and Molly Jane for 1.5 weeks. The kids came home completely rested and with their love cups filled to the brim. Thank you mom and dad and to the Brannens for loving and caring for them so well! My parents ended up keeping them a few days longer than expected because both kids got the stomach virus (more on that in a minute). I got lots of texts with pictures of them doing fun things like this....
...and pictures of them carving pumpkins, going to the zoo with cousins, going to the pumpkin patch, playing at the park and much more. I think they got a little spoiled, don't you?!?! Thank you from the bottom of my heart Gigi, PoppyDoc, Grammy and Pops.
2) I am thankful for a sweet and healthy baby boy! Henry is nursing and gaining weight well. I had such a difficult time breastfeeding Will so I don't take this for granted. I am thankful for all the sweet and uninterrupted snuggles I got with him last week while the "big kids" were at my parents. He has been such a joy!

Last week he went on a lunch date and to early vote for our new President with mommy and daddy and did not make a peep.
2) I am thankful for a sweet and healthy baby boy! Henry is nursing and gaining weight well. I had such a difficult time breastfeeding Will so I don't take this for granted. I am thankful for all the sweet and uninterrupted snuggles I got with him last week while the "big kids" were at my parents. He has been such a joy!
Last week he went on a lunch date and to early vote for our new President with mommy and daddy and did not make a peep.
He sported his Dalmatian costume on Halloween to a little neighborhood party.
STOMACH VIRUS
There were many things that I anticipated being challenging as we made this transition of having a new baby. One thing I did not anticipate was passing around the stomach virus:( But we have done just that and it has worried this new momma. Last week Will and Molly Jane both got it while at my parents. My mom and dad were very gracious to keep them until it had run it's course through both of them. They came home Friday night and I thought we were in the clear until Nick came down with it Sunday night. If I wasn't freaked out before, I really was then. All week I have just been waiting for me and/or Henry to get it. I have been living in fear. I have not been trusting that the Lord will walk with me if we get it. I am praying that I will let it go and trust that he will take care of us whether he chooses for me and Henry to stay healthy or get the virus. It is Friday and we are still healthy so I am just praising the Lord for each healthy day.
A CELEBRITY
Will and Molly Jane have treated Henry like a celebrity. Seriously, they treat him like he hung the moon. It has been precious to watch them love and care for him.
Molly Jane is such a big help changing his diaper, bringing him blankets, holding him and getting me supplies that I need. She is diligent to make sure he gets his daily dose of kisses...plus some.
She is usually on top of me while I nurse him while she covers him with kisses. I hope he doesn't have personal space issues when he gets older because of the lack of that these days.
She is usually on top of me while I nurse him while she covers him with kisses. I hope he doesn't have personal space issues when he gets older because of the lack of that these days.
We have nicknamed Henry as Will's mascot. Will has surprised us by his interest and care for his little baby brother. He will sit on the couch and hold him for an more than hour while he watches cartoons. (confession: we have watched ALOT of TV this week). He has been such a good big brother.
The other day I found him in a camping chair just sitting there watching Henry sleep in his swing.
Now if only I could get Will and Molly Jane to stop picking on each other. Will has learned all the ways to make her sister scream and she totally over reacts. I told them they need to be as sweet to each other as they are to there baby brother.
On a different note, Henry gave Will an Optimus Prime costume
and Molly Jane a baby doll car seat. I think he knows his brother and sister well!
Lots to be thankful for...I try to remember that even in the crazy moments with all three kids needing me at the same time or when Henry gets up every 2-3 hours at night to eat when I'm completely exhausted.

3 comments:
you're a great mama, Christina!
thrilled for you on Baby Henry's arrival, and praying for you as you all adjust. you're in for a whole lot of fun! :)
much love!
I am so glad you did not get sick. Henry is precious!
What a blessing to have such 3 wonderful grandkids, and a mom & dad who day in and day out take care of them and love them to pieces! Grammy
Post a Comment