Saturday, January 08, 2011

NYE Progressive Dinner

We had our 7th annual progressive dinner on New Year's Eve! It's hard to believe that 7 years ago Nick and I joined three other couples (they were the only friends we had at the time!) for our first progressive dinner in our little apartments. Each year I am reminded of the faithfulness of God to bring so many wonderful friends in our lives. This year we had around 35 sweet friends join the dinner. Here are the few pictures I took from the evening. Below I posted how we organize it to make it a fun evening and as easy as possible for everyone.











hosts:
appetizer host- provide non-alcoholic drink options, paper products, one or two appetizers
main course host- provide non-alcoholic drink options, paper products, help with cost of meat
dessert host- provide non-alcoholic drink options, paper products, 1 dessert

other "hosts"/planners:
3 planners-provide and prepare meat for all
1 planner-bring 2 desserts
all others invited:
last names beginning with A-M bring two appetizers and/or beer and wine
last names beginning with N-Z bring two sides and/or beer and wine
7-8:30-appetizers at 1st home
8:30-9-transition to 2nd home
9-10:30-main course at 2nd home
10:30-11-transition to 3rd home
11:00 til the New Year!!!-desserts at the 3rd home
The night flies by when it is broken up like this.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the tips on a Progressive Dinner. I really want to do that with our friends here.

Here is the website where I got info on changing my blog. It was pretty simple. http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/search/label/How%20To%20Make%20A%20Cool%20Blogger%20Header%20%28or%20%22Banner%22%29%20Using%20Picasa