Snow day 2 was an extra special day because Nick the birthday boy was turning the big 3-0! Because of the snow everything was still cancelled so I did not have to teach and Nick was not able to go into work all morning. Will, Molly Jane and I got up made him cinnamon rolls, hash browns and eggs to start the morning off. The timing of everything being cancelled really worked to our favor because we were up until 1:00 cheering on the Auburn Tigers and we were able to have a leisurely morning at home celebrating his birthday!
Shortly before lunch one of Nick's co-workers who has a 4 wheel drive came to pick him up to go into work for a few hours. I think they were the only crazy people out on the roads. While he was at work the kids and I went out to do a little sledding down the driveway in the sandbox lid. It actually worked quite well!
After doing a little sledding we walked over to sweet old neighbors house for a visit. This is the couple I have mentioned before that is in their upper eighties and we adore. I wanted to check on them to see if they needed anything since they were not able to get out on the roads in the weather. They were thankful for our visit but Will was a little cranky because he was cold and wet.

No comments:
Post a Comment